• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Admin
    TX HS Football Talk
    • Mar 2015

Daily Craig: Big city playoff

(IT'S A BIG CITY PLAYOFF)

CUBS VS. METS. I  like that. I thought I would never root for the Mets, but for some odd reason I was pulling for them last night as they did in the DODGERS at Dodger Stadium. A geologist friend told me once there is a big oil deposit under second base at Dodger Stadium. The owners wouldn't allow any drilling. The Mets didn't exactly drill L.A. but beat them by one and that's all that was needed. When METS manager Terry Collins was the manager of the Astros he filled in for me on a nightly sportscast. The powers at Channel 2 decided to have celebs fill in for yours truly. I like to think his experience filling in for me finally got him to be a winner in the postseason. He had managed over 1,000 games before this postseason without getting to the situation he now finds himself in.

I like the Cubs, but Terry is a really good person. I grew up a Cubs fan and barring fan interference I hope the BILLY GOAT dies a slow death. I haven't been to Wrigley in over 20 years, but when I did it was a game against the Mets. I was standing outside the park when a van drove up. A guy rolled down the window and yelled "Sports Sunday." The kids were impressed. I was too.

The odd thing last night? I really didn't care about the NFL THURSDAY NIGHT ADVENTURE. The Astros run got me sold on baseball again and I don't think I am alone. However, I am looking forward to Sunday. TEXANS AT J'VILLE. A scalpers nightmare and almost just in time for Halloween. I would like the locals to snap out of their funk and they certainly should against the JAGS. I pored through Bill O'Brien's interviews and came up with stuff we should be rocked with. His injured guys are like the rest of us. DAY TO DAY. JJ WATT is really good and he hopes ARIAN CAN DO SOME GOOD. WOW. Thank goodness I checked the notes.

I gotta see if HANK SAUER is on the CUBS PLAYOFF ROSTER.

Read more about Craig Roberts here.

More...
Working...