• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Admin
    TX HS Football Talk
    • Mar 2015

Daily Craig: OK, Yogi, it's over

(OK, YOGI, IT'S OVER)

For one thing there should be a MLB rule change. You saw it. I saw it. All of baseball knew it was wrong. You don't pit two teams against each other in the AL championship series with the same color scheme. BLUE AND WHITE, BLUE AND WHITE. It, like the DH, is just not baseball. THE ASTROS ORANGE would have avoided KC BLUE VS. TORONTO BLUE. OK, I GOT THAT OUT OF MY SYSTEM.

Of course the Astros did it their way. Plenty of K'S and not even MR. K. could escape the Royals. IT WAS, for the most part, A ROYAL FLUSH. However, who among us thought we'd be this caught up in baseball one night short of the IDES OF OCTOBER? The Astros didn't overachieve. They achieved. It is Game 4 that will be remembered. Not Game 5. Game 4. 6-2 lead, gone. At any time did you think the ROYALS would blow a 4-2 lead, let alone a 7-2 lead?

Worse yet, that Game 4 was in Houston. Today the fellows clean out their lockers in the clubhouse, answer some fan mail. (IF FANS STILL WRITE LETTERS) and head to their off season homes. In the good ole days, or daze, we baseball fans would see Astros in the offseason. They might be shopping or even grabbing a beer at a local joint. I hope the current group decides hanging around here is a good idea. They hung around this fall much longer than any of us expected.

I gotta think some of those guys won't be back, but the fans will. Baseball became popular again. Good. Now let's concentrate on those Knucklehead Texans.

Read more about Craig Roberts here.

More...
Working...