• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Admin
    TX HS Football Talk
    • Mar 2015

Daily Craig: Win or go home for Astros

(WIN OR NOT)

I have celebrated prior to the Astros-Royals Game 5. It happened when the Cubs knocked out the Cards. I know the long-suffering Chicago North Siders had the time of their lives when that game ended. I SAW THEIR LAUGHING AND CRYING FACES. It's only baseball you say. You are certainly on to something, but it's way more than that. IT'S BOSTON LIKE. We were convinced some years ago the BOSOX WOULD NEVER AGAIN WIN A WORLD SERIES. They did and then did it again. It is difficult to believe the long-suffering HOUSTON FANS have really suffered all that long. The Cubs started playing baseball at what is now WRIGLEY FIELD IN 1916. The park has only seen one World Series since. ONE. And they lost. I ALSO have seen ZERO enthusiasm for the other NL series. L.A. OR NEW YORK? No thanks. Please no more pictures of MAGIC JOHNSON. That series is tied after last night's Dodgers win. I once again look forward to seeing the original ENTERTAINMENT TONIGHT lady sitting between her husband and LARRY KING. In case you missed them, they are in the front row.

To the business at hand. THE ASTROS send out a serious, no nonsense pitcher to put down the Royals. THE PREVIEW says win or go home. I PREFER TO have the Royals BE THAT GO HOME TEAM. They have the short drive home except hardly any of the roster actually lives there. That should tell us something. I, along with you, have suffered the BUSTER POSEY GEICO COMMERCIALS and the long running E.D. spots. I have suffered through four-hour baseball games, SHOULD I CONSULT A DOCTOR? If I do, he will suggest I WATCH JOSE AND EVAN BREAK OUT OF THEIR FUNK. Bring it home.

I  gotta get some sleep.

Read more about Craig Roberts here.

More...
Working...