• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Admin
    TX HS Football Talk
    • Mar 2015

Daily Craig: Deja Hou for Astros?

(HOLD ALL TICKETS)

You don't have to be present to win. That is a disclaimer for many fundraisers. The ones where you buy a raffle ticket but rarely, if ever, find out if any one won the darned thing. That wasn't the case AT MINUTE MAID. You may have left early to beat the traffic. OR MEET YOUR BUDDIES who were not at the game but wanted to celebrate at one of the joints near the park. Or you were watching at home because you didn't want to be the only one who called in to CELEBRATE AN ITALIAN EXPLORER who stumbled upon North America while looking for a bargain condo in CABO. Yep, the menu was full and when the locals had a 6-2 LEAD GOING TO THE 8TH, the fun was about to begin. The kid pitcher had not only held down the fort, he was about to win going away. Then the older guys came in to pitch. You know, the ones with more experience. OOPS. THE HOUSTON in us kicked in.

But I HAD A FEELING. I REALLY DID. When the Royals got their second hit of the inning, I turned to the dog and said, "Uh oh, I have seen this before. You better get your own CHOW tonight." When the stink of the bullpen had cleared it was a KC WIN. It's not as if Houston fans haven't had downers before. Getting swept in a World Series comes to mind. Being the worst team in MLB for three straight years comes to mind. Losing to the METS will never leave my mind. Compared to that, this was nothing. Buck up RAFFLE BUYERS. We got one more shot. It could be worse. THAT could have been Game 5. We have one more day to forget. Although we never will.

I gotta see if Will Harris has to pay to get in the next game.

Read more about Craig Roberts here.

More...
Working...