• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Admin
    TX HS Football Talk
    • Mar 2015

Daily Craig: On your feet, Astros fans!

(On your feet)

I NEVER FIGURED I would be writing and talking about a potential move into the LEAGUE CHAMPIONSHIP SERIES with the Astros. I was lulled into believing what I saw (or didn't see from lack of interest) the past few years. I could tell I was back in the good ole days when I had to walk around during the 8th and 9th innings. I guess I have always thought the game would go better if I wasn't sitting down or staring at the TV with my finger nails getting shorter.

So at noon today the chance is there. One more and done, and you don't want to hear that refrain from THE WAY OVER PLAYED SONG. You know the one..."Goin' to Kansas City." No thanks, two games there was enough. Today will also see yells and groans coming from various workplaces around town. You know you are gonna figure out how to watch a noon start. It also means what I DAILY CRAIG'D about last week. You or family members will be too sick to go to work.

I have way too much TV experience to let this go. At least three or perhaps four times Nolan and Reid and Ruth of the family RYAN were shown DURING THE GAME. At no time did the MLB GUYS point out who they were and what their connection with the ASTROS IS. But one quick shot of GEORGE BRETT after Colby hit the roof and boom, "HALL OF FAME GEORGE BRETT"...blah blah blah.  Talk to and about the pictures boys. As consolation we did see THE BIGGIO KID. He and I have two things in common: A FIRST NAME and the ability to look nervous watching a game. Man am I glad I CAN STILL GET NERVOUS.

I gotta see if Brett HAD PINE TAR on his beer glass.

Read more about Craig Roberts here.

More...
Working...