X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Admin
    TX HS Football Talk
    • Mar 2015

Astros fans line up early, rush to get playoff tickets

Fans lined up early at Minute Maid Park Wednesday trying to get coveted tickets for the Houston Astros playoff game on Sunday.

Jose Puente's dad told him to hurry!  Turns out, it was good advice!  By mid-morning, Sunday’s game was sold out.

Puente said, "All season long it's been an up and down season.  At the end, I didn't think they would make the playoffs.  Right now we just excited for the playoffs and excited to see the Astros have for us."

Puente bought tickets and so did long-time Astros fan, Ashley Harlan.

Harlan told KPRC 2, “I'm a huge Astros fan. Followed them for many years. Native Houstonian. Never gave up on them? Never gave up on them.  Even the last couple of years when they weren't doing so well.  I was still here at the games.  fortunate enough to go see a couple of games outside of Houston.  Just excited that they beat the Yankees!"

Now they need to keep on winning.  Sylvia Gonzalez felt like a winner.  She bought tickets for her and her daughter.  From the “Killer B's” to today...she believes!

Gonzalez said, "I just love them.  I've been in Houston for more than 20 years and since then I’ve been loving the Astros."

Meanwhile at the Academy on the Southwest Freeway near Kirby, workers scurry to keep the shelves stocked and the new Astros gear out.

More...
Working...