X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Admin
    TX HS Football Talk
    • Mar 2015

Daily Craig: The Pope has a fiver on the Texans

Craig Roberts returns to KPRC 2 with his 'Daily Craig' column.

(The Pope has a fiver on the Texans)

As Pope Francis flew into America from Cuba he was asked how he thought the TEXANS week would go. He said IT WOULD. I like that in a leader of millions. But I have other thoughts about Sunday.

The TEXANS are up against it. Much has to do with the COLTS not showing anything either. "HEAVEN FORBID", SAID THE POPE, "That THE JAGS OR THE TITANS could take the DIVISION." I know what we will hear this week from an Irish guy who's mom goes to mass every day, "We will get the utmost effort out of our team as we know how difficult the task is," "If we can't beat the Bucs we should put all 53 on the practice squad." He won't say the latTer because that might be the truth. If rookie WB Winston smokes you, you got a real problem. As if being 0-2 isn't problem enough. I have the insight to let you know what will happen SUNDAY.

The roof will be closed. The field will be artificial. The mascot will be fired up. The cheerleaders will be cute. The food will be expensive. The fans on the 3rd level will watch the game on TV, because turning around to see the game in person just isn't what they do. The timeouts will be long and painful. The biggest cheer will be honoring a G.I. Should the game end in a TEXANS WIN, that will be OK too. Take that to the bank. The one sponsoring the scoreboard, or is it a beer?

I gotta see if the Pope talks to Methodists. I also gotta see if GM Rick Smith is finally going to take some heat. Not from the fans but from the guy with all the money.

Read more about Craig Roberts here.

More...
Working...