Daily Craig: Where are you, Astros fans?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Admin
    TX HS Football Talk
    • Mar 2015

Daily Craig: Where are you, Astros fans?

Craig Roberts returns to KPRC 2 with his 'Daily Craig' column.

(TURN LEFT AT THE BRIDGE PAINTED BLUE)

I remember when Houston got excited about the Astros. Who among us doesn't have a memory of seeing Billy Hatcher's homer that kept it going against the Mets? Or Scotty's no-no to clinch the west. My kids were there and said getting hit on the head with rolls of toilet paper were terrific memories.

Now we finally have come out of a 10-year slumber to enjoy the last couple of weeks of nail-biting adventures with the current ASTROS, and they are clearly an afterthought. WHAT if they get into the playoffs and no one cares? It kills me to realize this town really gets worked up about an 0-2 bunch than a group of fellas defying all the experts. I know football rules AROUND HERE. I KNOW THE MEDIA makes us believe the TEXANS ARE KING. I AM ONE OF THE MEDIA. I grew up a BASEBALL GUY. I loved the game. When I played I made history. When I pitched grounds keepers would have to drag the warning track.

If trying to fill Minute Maid Park on the final homestand is still a hard sell, we really are a sorry sports town. I don't get it. I go to saloons and have to ask the bartender to turn the ASTROS ON. REALLY? If you can't afford to go I get that. Kids have to go to school? I get it. At least act excited. If things weren't weird enough around here we suddenly care more about RYAN MALLETT than JOSE ALTUVE. Of course, today is the TEXANS DAY OFF, so tomorrow I BETTER RANT ABOUT THEM. I gotta go beat the infield shift.

Read more about Craig Roberts here.

More...
Working...