X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Admin
    TX HS Football Talk
    • Mar 2015

McIlvoy: Astros inching closer to Playoff berth

I've been back in Houston for nearly 12 years as Sports Director at KPRC Channel 2 and that feeling is back again at Minute Maid Park. 

I've covered the Astros dating back to the early 90's and it's always fun to be at the Ballyard during meaningful September baseball that we are all enjoying right now.

As I peck away on this story, there are only 11 games left to play and the Astros have 5 big ones left at MMP before they hit the road for their final 6 of the regular season.  

That means also there's only 1 more Dollar Hot Dog day at the park so Wednesday's matinee you better load up!

Monday's win over the Angels was huge because it widened the gap on them in the Wild Card chase to 4 1/2 games but the Astros made up ground in the AL West.

With the Rangers off, the Astros picked up a 1/2 game and now trail the Rangers by only 1 game.

This weekend the Rangers are at MMP and already crowds will be well over 30,000. 

Here's more on the Astros and interviews from Carlos Correa and A.J. Hinch on what it al means to be in the chase.

More...
Working...