Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS Feeds
    • Dec 2015

Region Final feels different for Albany this season

We've got our eye on the fourth round of the high school football playoffs.
    The Albany Lions are back in the 4th round for the second straight year, and Hamlin is waiting. 
    The fourth round of the playoffs is not unchartered territory for this Albany team. For the fourth time in five years, the Lions are playing for the title of Region Champion.
    "We're in the same spot that we were in last year, just kind of having that experience from last year, using that to our advantage this year, it's just kind of an extra help," Cutter Edgar said.
    "When you make it to the fourth round, you know you've had a pretty successful season. The thing that I really like about this team is that I think they're still hungry," head coach Denney Faith said.
    "I don't think they're satisfied with just making it to the fourth round, especially from where we started at the beginning of the year." 
    This time around, being four rounds deep feels a little different. 
    "Last year we didn't really face much adversity in the beginning of the season. We went through the regular season 10-0, came into the Quarterfinals undefeated, but this year we've had adversity, we've had people doubting us all year," Cameron Dacus said.
    "I think the fact that people have been doubting us all year has been what's pushing us even harder to go. Coming into that with us being the underdog yet again this week just really frustrates us and makes us ready to get out there and play."
    Albany clashes with Hamlin yet again tomorrow for the Region Final championship. 
    "I know probably the whole Big Country is going to be showing up at this game," Edgar said. "Half and half for the fans, it's going to be loud, it's going to be noisy,and it's going to be really intense."
    The Lions defeated the Pied Pipers 34-27 for the district championship in the regular season finale. This time, the winner advances to the State Semifinals. 
    If you are looking for something to do tomorrow night, you should make it out to Shotwell Stadium to check out the Lions and the Pipers.

More...
Working...
😀
😂
🥰
😘
🤢
😎
😞
😡
👍
👎