Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS Feeds
    • Dec 2015

Albany tops Hamlin 41-28 in Region Finals

The Albany Lions are State Semifinal bound for the first time since 2015 after defeating Hamlin 41-28 on Thursday night. 
    Hamlin scored first, thanks to a five yard touchdown courtesy of Jackson Sepeda to put the Pied Pipers up 7-0. 
    That was the first and last time Hamlin would have the lead in the game.
    Albany scored on back to back drives after that, tying up the game and then taking a 14-7 lead. Hamlin would score right before halftime to go into the break 14 all.
    Coming out of the half, Ben West connected with Cameron Dacus for a 65 yard touchdown to make it 21-14 in favor of Albany. 
    The Lions would lead from then on.
    Albany and Hamlin scored back and forth in the third, but the Lions stayed on top.
    A fumble recovery for a 40 yard touchdown by West sealed the deal for Albany.
    "Man I'm speechless, this is what you dream of your whole life," Ben West said. "I remember my older brothers, they won two state championships, and I was a ball boy on that team. That's all I've dreamed of my whole life. It's a dream come true playing December football and getting a win."
    "We've got no quit in us. We knew we had some haters and some doubters going 0-5, we even kind of doubted ourselves a little bit," West said. 
    "But I mean, coaches and players, we stayed in there, the coaches talked to us every week and told us to stay in it, we're still the Albany Lions, we still play good football, it's a tradition. We came out here and won 9 in a row now, going onto the state semis."
    The Lions will play Gruver in the State Semifinal game next week.

More...
Working...
😀
😂
🥰
😘
🤢
😎
😞
😡
👍
👎