Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS Feeds
    • Dec 2015

Kyle Maxfield talks about move to Bangs

Kyle Maxfield, formerly Brownwood High Head Coach, has resigned to fill the vacancy of Bangs Head Coach and Athletic Director.
    Maxfield said, "I'm extremely excited to be here in Bangs. It's very exciting to start a new chapter and turn the page, develop new relationships with the kids, the faculty, the community."
    Bangs Superintendent Tony Truelove said, "We want our kids to walk out there every Friday night and feel like they have a chance to win. The longer we studied it and the more people we talked to, the more evident that it was that this should be our guy,"
    A key to Maxfield's arrival in Bangs was his friendship with Truelove.
    Maxfield said, "That's what led me to this job was my relationship with Mr. Truelove. We share the same philosophies of how to handle kids. It makes it a joy to wake up and come to work each day."
    Truelove said, "I've known him for a while, we've been watching him for a while, and he's had a great track record, he's got a wealth of knowledge."
    Maxfield said the transition from Brownwood to Bangs has been smooth, and has great respect for those he's worked with for the past two seasons...
    Maxfield said, "Dr. Young, the Superintendent of Brownwood, is a great man and great to work for along with the Principal Mitch Moore. I feel like the relationship will always be there."
    Bangs has had their struggles recently. Last year, the Dragons went 0-10 on the season. Maxfield enters Bangs with a 12-9 track record over two years coaching at Brownwood.
    Maxfield said, "It doesn't happen overnight and it's a process. You have to stick to the plan, and there's going to be good days and bad days. If we do things right in a habitual manner, the outcomes are going to be desirable."
    Maxfield is entering his 19th year as a head coach with 133 victories in his career.  He is the 25th head coach in school history.
    Brownwood currently which finds itself riding a streak of 9 straight playoff appearances. However, they are now looking for a new head football coach and athletic director for the 4th time since 2009. The Lions long tradition of winning should make it an attractive job. The last state championship came in 1981, but the Lions missed the playoffs just eight times in that time. 
    Brownwood Superintendent Doctor Joe Young said in a statement, "Brownwood has a rich athletic tradition, and we will immediately begin the search for our next athletic director and head football coach."

More...
Working...