Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS Feeds
    • Dec 2015

Big Country athletes sign NLI's

Athletes across the country signed their National Letters of Intent to play collegiate sports today, and we had plenty sign all around the Big Country today.
    Five Cooper Cougars signed on the dotted line this afternoon. Cooper's all-time leading rusher Tyrees Whitfield signed his NLI to continue his career playing football at Northwestern State up in Wichita Falls. In his senior season, Tyrees ran for 2,069 yards with 36 TDs, and he also had 395 yards receiving with 4 touchdowns. 
    Tyrees Whitfield said, "The crazy thing is, Dominique Rose went to MSU too so he's got some records there, hopefully looking forward to beating his records there, it's just something I have to go there, I have a mindset, already, I'm situated once I get there, I just want to basically beat all his records once I get there. It's a blessing to go there. I'm ready to go play ball."
    Defensive back KJ Kelley and defensive lineman Anthony Arrellano committed to play football at Hardin Simmons. Dakota Russell-David will get to line up opposite his Cougar teammates next year as he commits to play football at McMurry. Alexandria Rodriguez signed her letter of intent to play soccer at Lubbock Christian as well. 
    Moving on up to Abilene High, four Eagle football players made their commitments to play ball at Hardin Simmons this morning. Receiver Raekwon Millsap, who was one of our BCH Sports Players to Watch this year, linebackers Terrell Franklin and AJ Gonzales, and punter Jacob Johnson all made the decision to join Reese Childress and Cowboy up.
    Four Wylie Bulldogs also signed this morning. Receivers Gatlin Martin and Anthony Guerrero decided to go to the north side of town as they committed to play football at Hardin Simmons. Randie Dennison will join them at HSU as she joins the Cowgirls soccer team. Preston Williams signed his NLI this morning to play soccer at Southern Nazarene University.
    Preston Williams said, "It feels good that someone wants me to come be a part of their program and get to come play. It just feels good." 
    A big congratulations to Big Country athletes who signed their National Letters of Intent today.

More...
Working...
😀
😂
🥰
😘
🤢
😎
😞
😡
👍
👎