Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS Feeds
    • Dec 2015

War Hawks move to no.1

The McMurry women are tied for first place in the American Southwest Conference Western Division.
    That is a far cry from where the war hawks were last year and the year before. They're used to being toward the bottom of the conference, so this is shocking in head coach Brittany Roes' words, but they're very happy and coach Roes wants to keep her team's feet on the ground but also enjoy the ride.
    Brittany Roes said, "Seeing the team mature through this. It's really exciting. I didn't imagine that we would be this successful this year. I knew we had an opportunity. There's always the expectation as a coach that your team's going to be great, but just seeing it all put together right now is pretty amazing."
    Sham Hunter said, "It feels awesome because the past two years we've been at the bottom, so this year is just feels good because it's my last year, and I mean we're making history."
    Skyler Reyna said, "It's not what we're accustomed to, so I mean while we have it we're going to keep it and we're going to keep working hard for what we do and stay on top."
    The War Hawks continue ASC play Thursday at 5:30p.m. against Sul Ross.

More...
Working...