Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS Feeds
    • Dec 2015

Wildcats starting out hot in conference

The ACU women entered the season with a bunch of new starters, so there were obviously question about whether they would be able to challenge for their third straight Southland Conference title.
    It appears they are going to be just fine. Head coach Julie Goodenough's Wildcats are four games deep in conference and they are 4-0.
    Dominique Golightly said, "It's great I mean we came into conference and people thought we weren't going to be any good, or as good as we were last year, but we're definitely proving everybody wrong right now, and it just feels amazing."
    Julie Goodenough said, "We're at a good point right now. I think our players are really taking care of business. We try to focus on things that we can control, and we prepare for one game at a time, and our players have done a really nice job with that, and that's hard to do because these games come and go so quickly."
    Sierra Allen said, "It's awesome, but you know we're not stopping here. We have to keep working each and every game and just keep bringing our best every game, but right now it's an awesome feeling, and I think that our team is really coming together and we're clicking, and I think that's been a huge, winning these conference games have been pretty tough."
    The Wildcats look to go 5-0 Wednesday night at Moody Coliseum. They host Houston Baptist at 7.
    The Huskies are winless in conference.
    The ACU men continue Southland Conference play Wednesday night, too. They take on Houston Baptist down in Houston. ACU is 2-2 in the conference.
    The Huskies are 0-3,and it is a 7 o'clock start, too.

More...
Working...