Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS Feeds
    • Dec 2015

War Hawks playing with a target on their backs

The McMurry women snapped a two-game losing streak Thursday night in their 76-69 win over LeTourneau. With the win, the ladies remain atop the ASC West.
    That's new for this team, being at the top of the conference. With such a young team it's pretty cool for coach Brittany Roes and the ladies, but it also means they're not going to sneak up on anyone anymore.
    Now they've got a target on their backs, and teams are coming for them, but that's not always a bad thing.
    Sarah Doherty said, "I think it's cool, but it also makes it harder too, so I think as long as we just keep pushing through and staying strong we'll be fine."
    Brittany Roes said, "I think at first it was kind of fun, and we surprised ourselves and it's kind of fun to just have that shock factor, but now we have a target and so we have to practice every day like everyone's going for that target on our back. I think there's positives and negatives. You know when you're just trying to compete every game, that's kind of the way we were our first two years you kind of forget the feeling of just winning."
    Coach Roes went on to say that all the success doubles as motivation for the team. Also she continues to remind the ladies that there's still work to be done and they're no where near finished yet.

More...
Working...