Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS Feeds
    • Dec 2015

Cooper's Royals, Wright, and Scott sign NLI

Today was the first early signing day for high school football players across the country.
    A pair of Cooper Cougars took advantage of the December opportunity and one Cougar softball player committed.
    Mary Margaret has the details from the Cooper weight room.
    Three Cooper Cougars signed their National Letters of Intent to play college ball today. Myller Royals and Justin Wright are set to play Division I football at Texas Tech and Tulsa, and Camille Scott is committed to play softball at Hardin Simmons.
    "Completely done," Myller Royals said. "I mean the process has been so fun, it's had it's ups and downs, staying up all night, talking to coaches all the time and everything."
    Myller is the All-Time Leading Receiver at Cooper, and in his senior year he broke records for most receptions and receiving yards. He holds every receiving record the Cougars have to offer.
    "I'm trying to leave my mark wherever I go, so that's at the next level which is Texas Tech, if I get lucky enough to make it to the pros, I'm trying to leave my mark there," Royals said.
    The Cougar committed to Tech on November 25th after being recruited by multiple Division I schools. In the end, Kliff Kingsbury's offense really drew him in.
    "Picking Texas Tech, I feel like it was the right choice, from there on I felt like everything that I've worked for has finally been accomplished, so we're ready to go, though," Royals said. "We're ready to go. I'm excited, I can't wait to see what's going to happen."
    Justin Wright had a crazy 24 hours before National Signing Day. He was committed to Texas State since the summer, but a mix up on his scholarship led Justin to de-commit, and within hours Tulsa offered a full ride.
    "I'm very pleased on how it played out," Justin Wright said. "Tulsa's one of the schools I've always wanted to go to, ever since my freshman, sophomore year, they've had similar interest in me and I've had a lof of interest in them. It feels good to finally be signing with Tulsa."
    Cooper softball player Camille Scott has been committed to Hardin Simmons since her junior year, and she's very excited to be staying close to home.
    "It's exciting, I've been waiting for this opportunity for a very long time, I've been committed here since the beginning of my junior year," Camille Scott said.
    "I'm so ready to play college softball. I've been dreaming of this since I was a little girl. It makes me even more excited that I'll be able to keep my jersey number that I've had since I was maybe 3."
    A very exciting day for soon to be collegiate athletes across the country, and a special congrats to these Cooper commits.
    This is the first signing day for football players. The players that didn't decide today can sign with their school the first week of February.

More...
Working...