Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS Feeds
    • Dec 2015

Comanche Conversation:Handling historic playoff run

The Comanche Indians are set to continue their historic run in the class 3A playoffs on Friday night against top ranked Brock.
    The 2017 Indians are special because they are doing something that no Comanche football team has done since gasoline cost 29 cents a gallon in 1953. It's a tremendous accomplishment led by head coach Stephen Hermesmeyer, his son and quarterback Bronte Hermesmeyer, and the rest of the senior class.
    Their toughest challenge lies ahead, and they are ready to face it. Here's Brianne's conversation with coach Hermesmeyer in Comanche.
    Brianne Welch said, "Coach Hermesmeyer, y'all are in the middle of a historic playoff run, how cool is it to be a part of that right now?"
    Stephen Hermesmeyer said, "Oh it's a great opportunity. Really excited for our community and our kids and our fans and our school and our town. It's a really fun ride. This is what you always dream of as a high school coach, and getting your team into the playoffs and then getting to play into December and getting ready for a quarterfinal game, so it's really fun."
    Brianne said, "What do you think has made this team so different, so special this season?"
    Hermesmeyer said, "We have great leadership, our seniors do a great job of leading, working hard we had a great off season, a great track season last spring and that carried over into our summer workouts, and these kids they just wanted to do something special, and they're on their way of setting some marks that hadn't been set in a while in Comanche, so I'm really proud for them."
    Brianne said, "How do you think they're handling the playoff mentality, the one and done the pressure, all of that?"
    Hermesmeyer said, "I think for the most part they just love the game, and they enjoy playing right now, and that's what they all talk about is, hey let's just keep this thing going. We don't want to put up our shoulder pads and helmets yet, and let's just try to do our best and prepare on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday so we can play our very best on Friday night, and you know just got a good bunch of seniors that are doing a great job of leading."
    Brianne said, "Alright thank you so much coach Hermesmeyer, good luck this week. That's all I've got here in Comanche. For big country homepage dot com sports, I'm Brianne Welch, let's go back to you."

More...
Working...