Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS Feeds
    • Dec 2015

Merkel glad to be in 3rd round

It's been five years since the Merkel Badgers have been this deep in the playoffs, all the way to the third round, and that's a pretty long time, so what's making this team so special? There's actually a couple things to it.
    Cole Wilkerson said, "Our bond. We've been playing for a while together. I've been playing with everbody on the team since freshman year. A lot of bigger boys on the line, that brings a lot of confidence."
    Jonah White said, "We've got more people on the team that has experience on varsity and know what they're doing, and we're just helping the younger ones that are on the team, and we just know what we're doing."
    John Cornelius said, "We say, the team the team the team, and these guys have bought into that. You know they've been selfless. They just want to win, and they're willing to do whatever it takes to win."
    Wilkerson said, "I remember 7th and 8th grade I used to look up to all those older kids, and they win, and it feels good to take Merkel back there and bring a lot of pride to the community."
    Cornelius said, "I'm proud for our district. It says a lot about how tough our district was that we have two opponents this late in the season."
    White said, "We lost last time, but they're in our district, and we want to beat them because it's really hard to beat a team twice, and we really want revenge."
    Zachary Owens said, "It's just a familiar foe, so we know what we're up against, and I think we can prepare a little more for them, and play to our full potential. Maybe give them a little more of a competition."
    You can see the kids are ready for it, and we're ready for it. This one is going to be exciting. We've got a Big Country matchup, Comanche taking on Merkel in the third round

More...
Working...