Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS Feeds
    • Dec 2015

Cooper ready for Aledo, again

The Cooper Cougars are back in the third round of the playoffs, and they are facing Aledo for the third year in a row.
    It's well documented that Cooper hasn't made it past this round since 2000.
    This is the place the Cougars are typically tripped up.
    It's not going to be easy to go farther this year, but the players say this is the team that can get it done.
    Anthony Arellano said, "We will beat Aledo this year because our team chemistry is great this year. I'm a team captain, me, Myllar, Ender and Justin got everything situated, so when we go out there, we going to see what's happening."
    Ender Freeman said, "I think we've proven to coaches that we're different. Coach Moebes said all the time, 'If you want to be different, be different.' I think we've shown that in our work ethic, we've played some tough games this season, and I thinkwe've prepared well this season."
    Shaun Watson said, "We've got a very explosive offense. We have a defense that is real good at forcing turnovers. Our offense and our defense go hand-in-hand. When they get the turnovers, we're really good at capitalizing on the turnovers and turning them into points in a hurry."
    The Cougars and Aledo meet at Shotwell Stadium Friday night at 7:30. Cooper is 4-11 all time in this round.
    The Bearcats have won six State Championships in the last 8 years.

More...
Working...