Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS Feeds
    • Dec 2015

Warren's Wisdom: It's playoff time

David Robinett talks about the start of the Texas high school football playoffs with former Abilene High head coach Steve Warren.
    David Robinett said, "It's time for Warren's Wisdom, and we are going to keep talking about high school football, of course. It's playoff time coach Warren. You were a part of this for a lot of years in a row. Tell me how cool it is to be in the playoffs, and what changes one you are in there."
    Steve Warren said, "It's very exciting. It's what you work for all year long. It's a goal for the coaches, and the communities really get jacked up right now. Everybody that's still in the playoffs right now, from the small high schools to the big schools, the student body was energized, looking forward to another pep rally, another road trip, and another chance at a gold football. Everybody's pretty excited right now."
    Robinett asked, "Four playoff teams doesn't take any of the shine off of that?"
    Warren said, "I don't think so. I don't think so, at all. I think those teams that are fourth place in their district are just as excited today with a new start and p layoff game in front of them as teams that won the district."
    Robinett said, "The playoffs start on Thursday. Most of the teams play on Friday. There are some that play on Saturday. We're going to cover them all."

More...
Working...
😀
😂
🥰
😘
🤢
😎
😞
😡
👍
👎