Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS Feeds
    • Dec 2015

Coogs put Thursday's loss behind them

The Cooper Cougars are back in the playoffs for the eleventh straight year.
    For the second year in a row, the Cougars are looking to pick themselves up after a loss Lubbock Coronado in the regular season finale.
    It would be better if head coach Todd Moebes' team had some momentum going into the postseason, but he is confident his guys will put Thursday night's loss behind them.
    Coach Moebes said, "I've been around this culture for a long time. We've always been pretty resilient. Whether it was a big win or a disappointing set back, we've always responded well. I think they understand the opportunity they had. They've got to understand that there are a lot of football players around the state of Texas that didn't practice yesterday. We try to make that point known to them and make them understand. I think they do. We've played enough playoff games and have a great tradition of being able to make runs in the playoffs. I think they do understand. It's just the perspective of knowing the moment that you're in."
    Cooper takes on Plainview on Friday night at Frenship High School in the Lubbock area.
    The Cougars are 3-1 in the last four meetings with the Bulldogs.

More...
Working...