Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS Feeds
    • Dec 2015

Brownwood loves the postseason

Head coach Kyle Maxfield and the Brownwood Lions rae back in the playoffs for the ninth year in a row.
    The Lions lost close games to Wylie and Stephenville early in district and rebounded to win their final three to clinch a postseason berth.
    This is when everyone wants to play.
    Like the song says, "It's the most wonderful time of the year."
    Tommy Bowden said, "I love the weather this time of the year, and just playing around Thanksgiving, that's always, that's what football's about, so it's just real fun."
    Kyle Maxfield said, "Our favorite time of the year. I started to say my favorite time of the year, but it's we and us and our family, and you can tell the kids have an extra pep in their step, and the coaches have an extra pep. This is why you start the first of August is to get to this point, and once you get in the tournament anything can happen, so we really love coaching these kids, and they've done a great job representing Brownwood, and looking forward to hopefully keeping it going for a while."
    The Lions are the first high school team to play a game at ACU's Anthony Field.
    They take on Wichita Falls Hirschi on Friday at 6:30 p.m.

More...
  • Covercity
    Practice Squad
    • Sep 2017

I think that our lions can win this game against Wichita falls hirschi, just hope we get the right offensive calls, and our defense keys on there running game well. Good luck lions.

Comment

• Eagle82
      All District
      • Apr 2015

Just came in from watching the game. Not sure what BW coach was thinking when they drove the 2nd half kickoff down to the three up 28-21 and instead of kicking the FG with the wind, goes for it on 4th. High snap from center gives WF the ball around the 30 and momentum then shifts as they drive down and score. BW takes the kickoff, punts on 4th and it's blocked and run in for the score. Now you're at 35-28. Still 35-28 with about 7 mins left and he goes for 4th down giving the ball back to WF on the 50. They then drive down to score.

Why not kick the FG, go up 31-21 and kickoff with the wind into the end zone (as they did all night) and give WF the ball on the 25? Never walk away from points.

Bonehead calls by the BW coach that cost them the game.

Comment

Working...
      😀
      😂
      🥰
      😘
      🤢
      😎
      😞
      😡
      👍
      👎