Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS Feeds
    • Dec 2015

Breckenridge riding on first outright district title since '99

The Breckenridge Buckaroos surprised everyone but themselves last week when they came from behind to beat Brock and claim the district title.
    Mary Margaret went to Buckaroo Stadium to talk to the Bucks as they prepare for the playoffs.
    18 years. That's how long it's been since the last time the Breckenridge Buckaroos were outright district champs. Now, that was all the way back in 1999, before most of these kids on this team were even born yet. So this district title means a whole lot for the Buckaroos team.
    Warren Hardy said, "It means a lot, just to say we got to do it my senior year, come out and get a district championship, something we all want to do."
    Terrance Roberson said, "It's going to be something I carry with me for my whole life. It's more than just doing it since 1999, it's just the whole team came together and worked so hard since the summer. Just working and working, that was one of the goals and we made it."
    But in order to win district, Breckenridge had to go through #4 ranked Brock in the final game of the regular season. Which they did, thanks to a field goal in the last seconds of the game,
    Riley Durham said, "It was the funnest game I've ever played. To be honest I didn't know if we were going to pull it off in the beginning, because our offense wasn't moving, then when we got that kickoff return I was hyped, I was ready, so it was fun."
    After starting the season 0-5, going undefeated in district was quite the turnaround for the Bucks this year.
    Casey Hubble said, "Very proud of our kids, had a rough start to the season but the kids showed up everyday, our coaching staff continued to grind every day, our kids are very resilient and showed a lot of resolve in the ability to show up and work hard every day."
    Breckenridge takes on Merkel in the bi-district round of the playoffs on Friday in Brownwood.

More...
Working...
😀
😂
🥰
😘
🤢
😎
😞
😡
👍
👎