Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS Feeds
    • Dec 2015

CHS Conversation:Looking forward to Thursday

Cooper head coach Todd Moebes' team rolled over San Angelo Lake View last week to claim its 2nd straight win. The Cougars' offense gained almost 600 total yards and running back Tyrees Whitfield moved up to second on the schools all-time list.
    This week, they take on Lubbock Coronado for a share of the district crown. Here's David's conversation with coach Moebes.
    David Robinett said, "Coach Moebes, your guys finished off Lake View the way, I think, you hoped they would. They were in control of the game the whole time. It wasn't a perfect game, but it looked like it was a good game."
    Cooper head coach Todd Moebes said, "I thought our guys were very efficient on offense. They scored on nine of our nine drives. I thought we threw the ball well, and the o-line did a good job of blocking. Tyrees was hitting the line of scrimmage and didn't have a lot of defenders to avoid, which was good to see. We played a great game. We were able to special teams. We ended up blocking a field goal. We had some good all-around team play."
    Robinett said, "This week you've got Lubbock Coronado, and you've got a shot at the district championship. This is why you play football, as far as I can tell, to get a chance to get a gold ball."
    Moebes said, "There's no doubt. I think the goal of every program across the state of Texas at any level is to get, in January in 2017 is to get a gold football. I don't think it's going to be any different when it gets to 2018. To be able to have done enough work, at this point in time, to have an opportunity to play for it, hey, it's pretty tremendous."

More...
Working...