Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS Feeds
    • Dec 2015

Warren's Wisdom:Chiefs make a play

David Robinett said, "It's time for Warren's Wisdom. Former Abilene High head coach Steve Warren joining us now. What I didn't talk about earlier was that Chief's play at the end of the half where they just dumped it underneath to Tyreek Hill. He did the rest, scored a touchdown, shocked everyone. Thing I want to talk about is how well that was coached. That was a designed play that worked perfectly."
    Steve Warren said, "It worked perfectly because the Dallas Cowboys stood there and let it work. The guy that's got the football is the fastest human in the NFL. He's on space, so they are spread out, so somebody needs to go attack him and make him move a little bit. Instead, he's up to speed. They've got a few bodies on a few bodies, and the next thing you know, it's a touchdown. It looked to me that the Cowboys got outsmarted from a coaching stand point."
    Robinett said, "I guess it caught the players off guard because they hadn't talked about that."
    Warren said, "It's pretty obvious they were playing for the Hail Mary, but when the Hail Mary didn't happen, they should've gone out and attacked and made him move around a little bit. He's so fast, and all he had to do was make one little move to get in the end zone. I can understand why Coach Garrett was a little upset. I was, too."
    Robinett said, "I was, too. The Cowboys are 5-3. They went on to win the game. They play again this week."

More...
Working...