Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS Feeds
    • Dec 2015

Grant has strong comeback in Wylie's win

The Wylie Bulldogs started the District 3-4A Division I season with a thrilling 45-38 triple overtime victory over the Brownwood Lions on Friday night. Running back Cason Grant played a huge part in the victory.
    Not only did he score the game winning touchdown, the senior added one other score and a field, and he rushed for over 130 yards. He did all of that fresh off an injury.
    Hugh Sandifer said, "He was, I thought he was impressive as far as just playing and how he kind of gutted it up and played through it because he wasn't 100%, but you know he's one of the captains of this team. He's a three year letterman guy. He's not going to sit there and watch a game in district where he could get out there and contribute, so I was really impressed by his performance."
    Cason Grant said, "I was not really worried about how it would feel because I knew once I got out there that my mind wouldn't be on that, and I thought I actually did better than I thought I was going to do. I thought I would feel it a little bit, but it never bothered me once."
    Grant and the rest of the Bulldogs continue district play on Friday in Big Spring. Wylie is riding an 11-game winning streak over the Steers that dates back to the year 2000.

More...
Working...