Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS Feeds
    • Dec 2015

Wylie's triple overtime game was exciting for everyone

The Wylie Bulldogs and the Brownwood Lions opened the 2017 district season with a slugfest at Bulldog Stadium. The Bulldogs came out on top to claim a 45-38 triple overtime victory. It was a game full of twists and turns and momentum shifts, and it's the kind of game that is fun to be a part of for players and coaches.
    Cason Grant said, "It was a blast. I don't think any of us have ever been in an overtime game, and to be with a team like Brownwood that made it that much better."
    Connor Carlton said, "I enjoyed it. I know the guys enjoyed it, and especially to come out with the win makes it that much better. Overall it was fun. We enjoyed it."
    Hugh Sandifer said, "You just keep playing, and there were some exhausted young men on the field because there were a lot of guys on both teams who had been out there all night, so you know it's fun. I mean it's so exciting, but it's also suspenseful because you're kind of like this is it. It's got to end sometime. It's it."
    District 3-4A Division I continues on Friday night for the Bulldogs in Big Spring. The Steers are winless on the season and haven't won a game since September of 2015.

More...
Working...