Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS Feeds
    • Dec 2015

AHS Conversation:Defense looked good

David Robinett said, Coach Cox, another disappointing Friday night for your football team, but, you mentioned on Friday night, the next four games are really the most important ones because you win three of those, you are going to find yourselves in the playoffs."
    AHS head coach Del Van Cox said, "We still got a shot. Our kids know that, but we've got to start winning. It starts with this Friday night. We need lots of help from the fans to get them out there and cheer for these guys because these guys are playing their tails off."
    Robinett said, "Defensively, I thought this was one of the better games your defensive side played, and I'm going to include the first half even though you gave up fourteen points. I just thought that they played a good football game."
    Coach Cox said, "Defensively we played a lot better. That was what was encouraging from the week before, and that's what we challenged our kids to do, and that's what they did. When you give up two touchdowns on turnovers and give them fourteen points that's the difference in the ball game. I was really proud of the way our kids battled. They're keeping on playing, and that's encouraging."
    Abilene High is back at home for their game with Keller Central on Friday night. The Chargers are 1-0 in district play.

More...
Working...