Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS Feeds
    • Dec 2015

Wylie had a good open week

The Wylie Bulldogs are coming off their first open week of the season, and they are getting ready for the start of District 5-4A Division I play on Friday.
    Heading into the open, head coach Hugh Sandfer's team needed to heal. The injury bug bit the Bulldogs hard in the first five games of the season with injuries at quarterback, running back and several other positions.
    The week without a game couldn't have come at a better time.
    Hugh Sandifer said, "I thought it was great. You know we needed it bad for the obvious, for the injuries, but just spend some time on our football team was really fun. I think it was beneficial. We were able to kind of sure up some depth issues. Some guys that are having to play more because of the injuries, now who are their backups and just things like that. Special teams, I thought we had a good week in preparation for district with that. So hopefully we can go to work this week on an opponent and get back to our normal routine."
    Wylie's district season starts with the Brownwood Lions on Friday night. The Lions enter the game with a 3-2 record.

More...
Working...