Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS Feeds
    • Dec 2015

CHS Conversation: Open week

David Robinett said, "Coach Moebes, it seemed like the game against Bowie was two really good football teams going after each other. Very similar to last year, just back and forth, knocking each other around. Somebody had to win, and they did."
    Cooper head coach Todd Moebes said, "It was exactly that. It was a game of momentum. It was back and forth. Both teams made some big time football plays. I was talking to coach Ables while we were doing the flip for overtime. It's unfortunate that someone has to fall short, but we're going to have a deciding factor. Somebodies gonna win. That's what we believe in. That is certainly what coach Ables believes in. We had to duel it out in overtime. We had the decision. Got the ball second,scored. Going for two was an easy decision. I've got all the confidence in the world in our kids to be able to execute that. Bowie's a good football team and made a play."
    Robinett said, "Alright, open dates. Teams handle things differently sometimes. How does Cooper handle an open date?"
    Coach Moebes said, "We are going to get after each other. Go out there and practice hard. We go a lot against good on good to get the speed of the game. I think our timing is great now, offensively and defensively. I think we can't lose that because of the open date. We've got to get them some rest, so we will shorten our practices up a little bit, but for the most part, we're going to get out there and it's going to be good on good. Hopefully, we are getting a Friday night feel every session we do."

More...
Working...