Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS Feeds
    • Dec 2015

O-Line is coming together at Abilene High

Entering the 2017 season Abilene High and Cooper had question marks at offensive line. Cooper had two starters back, the Abilene High Eagles started over on the line.
    All six starters on the line were new when the season started.
    Sure just replace the line, no big deal right?
    No, it's hard.
    Getting six guys to work together is a real challenge, but if the Odessa High game is an indication, they are coming along.
    Tyler Bridges said, "I think we're just coming together as a brothership, we're kind of leaning on each other. I don't know, Coach Cox has really encouraged us and put our mind to it that we can really do it in games, I don't know I think that's just what we've done."
    Jackson Sellers said, "We just started to trust each other I guess. Through all these games we've been through the hardships it's just gotten easier and we've all started to trust each other so it feels pretty good."
    Andrew Ezzell said, "Oh, the offense starts with the O-Line and last week they just gave me a lot of time to be able to give the ball to the receivers and they made holes for Mo to be able to run through. It just made the offense be able to click better."
    That offensive line and the rest of the Eagles start district play on Friday night.
    They host Haltom at Shotwell Stadium in the homecoming game.

More...
Working...