Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS Feeds
    • Dec 2015

Ezzell learned a lot in first game at QB

The Abilene High Eagles are headed out on the road for the first time this season.
    Quarterback Andrew Ezzell will be back under center for the second game in a row.
    The first quarter of the Eagles loss to Central didn't go very well, and he was taken out of the game.
    Ezzell came back in the second half and really turned things around leading the offense to over 250 yards and four touchdowns. He grew a lot in one half of football.
    "I was excited to step into that role," Andrew Ezzell said. "In the second half the O-Line and the receivers all stepped up and made my job easier, so it was a good experience."
    "It started with the offensive line," Del Van Cox said. "I think the lineman gave him a lot more time which allowed him to be able to see some open receivers and then we didn't have as many drops."
    "We just picked him up," Terrell Franklin said. "That first half wasn't too good but the second half, going into halftime we just picked him up with joy and just made our adjustments and just went out and played."
    Ezzell and the rest of the Eagles are headed west to take on Midland Lee on Friday. That game kicks at 7:30.

More...
Working...