Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS Feeds
    • Dec 2015

Wylie Bulldogs happy with week 1 performance

The first week of high school football is a wrap, and it was a solid first week for the Wylie Bulldogs.

They took on a familiar opponent in Vernon Friday night and got their first win of the season in impressive fashion, 45-6. Obviously the goal is to win every game, otherwise these guys wouldn't be competitors. So many teams talk about the importance of starting 1-0, and the Bulldogs are no different.

Hugh Sandifer said, "I mean it's really nice. I mean that's what you talk about all off season is win your opener. I mean everybody in the state was undefeated until this weekend, so just the, we wanted to come out and play well. We had some incentive I think with the new turf. The kids wanted to play well."

Zeth Burton said, "Getting that first win out of the way it's really a team builder.Getting that chemistry all together in the first game."

Wyatt Wink said, "It is a good feeling to get the fist one out of the way and come away with a big win like that. It gives us a lot of confidence going into week two, and we're ready."

Wylie gets another game at home this Friday night. They're preparing for a matchup with Lubbock Monterey.

That game kicks off at Bulldog Field at 7:30

More...
Working...