Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS Feeds
    • Dec 2015

Longhorns optimistic for 2017

The Early Longhorns and head coach Blake Sanford are looking to rebound from a winless 2016.

Eight positions are filled with starters with four on each side.

It's been a tough go of it lately for the 'Horns with just ninteen wins in the last eight years. That's not good, but the Early players and coaches think this could be the year to turn things around, and today's workout did nothing to lower those expectations.

Ryan Trompler said, "It went well. We were all flying around, especially for the first day just getting excited, and ready for week 1."

Jaiden Cochran said, "Oh I thought today went very well. I liked how we were all kind of locked in. We weren't as hyped up as our coaches would like us to be, but we were all locked in, and we got some great work done. I really liked it."

Sandford said, "It's all about taking a lot of steps and getting conditioned and things like that and getting used to being in football shape.">>

Linebacker Miguel Elizondo is one of the top returners for Early. He had 144 tackles in 2016.

The Longhorns open the 2017 season at home against the Bangs Dragons on September 1st.

More...
Working...