Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS Feeds
    • Dec 2015

Lions plan to lean on leadership this season

The Brownwood Lions are back in football mode with a new confidence this 2017 season that's centered around leadership.

Liam McCraw said, "Just this year leadership is definitely going to be the key to success. There have been many years in the past where everyone just kind of did their own thing, but this year's not going to be a year like that. I think our leadership's really going to step up."

Gavin Jefferson said, "More leadership out and just help one another and be more of a bond. More of a brotherhood than anything."

That confidence is backed up by the fact that the Lions have a good number of returning starters, and offensively, these guys told me that other teams need to look out.

Jefferson said, "I think we can do some good work, and our receivers they're really tough, and they can jump high."

McCraw said, "Well if it reflects anything of the work we've put in over this off season and over this summer, I think it's going to be a force of nature, and I think everyone we step on the field with is going to have to watch out. They better have some respect of they're going to get humbled."

The Lions had a really good 2016 season, and then when you step back and remember that it was a whole new coaching staff, it was a pretty great season, but by Brownwood standards, they are not even close to satisfied yet, so now that coach Maxfield and the other coaches have one year under their belt, they're just planning to build on 2016 and hope that 2017 will just get even better."

Kyle Maxfield said, "For Brownwood we look to build on that and not look too far to the future, but have our goals set, and of course our expectations are always here. We're just going to take it one day at a time and one game at a time and just try to build on that."

Brownwood is picked second in district 3-4A, but they have high expectations.

More...
Working...