Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS Feeds
    • Dec 2015

Loboes put on pads for the first time in 2017

The Cisco Loboes had a successful 2016 season. They swept their district and made it to the second round of the playoffs, but that was last year. This year, they're trying to go bigger and longer in the postseason.
    "Learn from your mistakes last year and don't follow those mistakes," Micheal Pullen said. "Just try to fix something. It's too late last year."
    "We're just trying to get out of the second round again. That's our main goal," Leslie Edgar said. "Then just work off that and try to go further."
    Two a days are a time when teams can come together to work out kinks and get ready for the season, and the Loboes of Cisco are not taking these practices lightly.
    "To just get better. In the preseason, you might take a loss, but you'll get better for those playoff wins that we're shooting for and hoping to win a state game," Hunter Busby said.
    The first day back in pads is an exciting one for football players across the state, but for Cisco this is the day they can see who's got it. They have a lot of starters coming back but they also have a lot of new guys, so this day is going to be a learning day for everybody."
    "To just see how physical the young guys can be and see how guys can just come out and compete," Busby said.
    "Everything just looks so great right now I don't know," Pullen said. "I mean today's the day we've got the pads on so I guess today's the day I find out but I guess without the pads everything's been running pretty good, but there's no way to tell until today. That's when it really comes out."
    "That's my favorite part. I like hitting people, bringing the wood. It's the funnest part of the game," Edgar said.
    The Loboes have two more Fridays before they open up the season under the Friday night lights against Breckenridge.

More...
Working...