Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS Feeds
    • Dec 2015

Albany Meets Iraan For 4th Straight Year

For the last three years the Albany Lions have faced Iraan in the playoffs, so you could say they have somewhat of a playoff rivalry.

Hunter Owen said, "Everytime we meet it's definitely a competitive matchup, good skill level on both sides of the ball, so I mean nothing expected less this year."

Denny Faith said, "They've got an outstanding team. They've got everybody back from last year's team, and we're a little different this year than what they were, so we're expecting to get the same thing that we've got from them every year."

Brianne Welch said, "Being in the playoffs isn't new at all for Albany, but what is new is being an underdog. That's what they are coming into this week's game with Iraan. The coaches were out here challenging them, asking these guys how they're going to handle this situation, and the Lions say they're ready."

Denny Faith said, "They know what to expect from them. They know they've got a good football team, and they're going to give their best effort.

The Lions have won all three playoff meetings with the Braves, but these guys know that just because they've won before doesn't guarantee a win this year.

Hunter Owen said, "I guess just to not get complacent in all that and just really keep focused because as soon as you start thinking about those other games, that's when you'll lose a game, and the only one that matters now is the one at hand."

Albany also knows that after the last three years, Iraan has a bad taste in their mouth

Roman Fuentes said, "They have a lot of motivation coming into this game with us beating them, but I think it will just be a football game and whoever wins wins."

Faith said, "They have a bunch of seniors on their team this year that are sure hungry to try to get that victory, so we're going to get their best effort I can promise ya."

The Lions and Braves will face off Friday night in Colrado City.

More...
Working...