Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS Feeds
    • Dec 2015

Warren's Wisdom: Cowboys' Recovery

It's time for some more Warren's Wisdom. Steve Warren, former Abilene High head coach, joins us now. The Cowboys, they won again. They are 9-1. It's beginning to get a little big boring. So, let's throw in a short work week, why don't we? They are going to be playing on Thanksgiving against the Redskins. I see the Cowboys coming off a slugfest. The Redskins were in a track meet. Seems like it would be easier to recover from the track meet.

Steve Warren said, "I think so from a physical stand point. I think as a coaching staff you look at those sorts of things, and say we can't contact any this week. We can't even put the shoulder pads on. We just need to go through and get a lot of mental preparation for this game, plus, it's getting later in the season. These guys don't need a lot of contact, but on a short week against a bruising team like they had and running the football as hard as they did, and there was some licks being passed out there. There going to need to rest up a little bit and be ready for that quick turn around. Everybody's bought in. If you look at Dez Bryant, which was a big concern when he got healthy, he's not playing look at me football, right now. He's being a team guy. You've got Dak, who is the leader of the entire thing, picking up his own trash. Some good things are going on in Dallas right now, and I hope they can continue to make it happen."

Their game is Thursday against the Redskins.

More...
Working...