Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS Feeds
    • Dec 2015

Special for Wylie to Play Thanksgiving Week

The Wylie Bulldogs are one of 13 Big Country teams that are still alive after the second round of the playoffs.The Bulldogs used a dominating performance against Pampa to post a 48-17 victory.

That win puts head coach Hugh Sandifer's team in some elite company. They are one of just 16 teams left in the Class 4A Division I playoffs.

That means the Bulldogs are playing after Thanksgiving, and that's always special.

Hugh Sandifer said, "It's great. It's something that our team takes very serious. We set that as a goal to practice on Thanksgiving morning because you know obviously there's not many people left playing. This is a, you know, Thanksgiving is a time for family and this is our family."

"Not many teams make it this far, so I'm really blessed that we get to practice on Thanksgiving morning," Jordan Ruiz said.

"It's pretty special," Andre Coleman said. "I look forward to it every year, and it feels pretty good because, to know that we played as a team and made it this far."

The Bulldogs face Argyle on Friday night in Mineral Wells. This is the sixth meeting between the two schools since 2012. Argyle won the last four.

More...
Working...