Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS Feeds
    • Dec 2015

Buffs In 2nd Round For First Time Since 1997

Making it to the playoffs isn't a new thing for the Cross Plains Buffaloes, but winning in the first round, it's been a while since that's happened. The last time they won in the first round, head coach Daniel Purvis was a senior here at Cross Plains, so needless to say, it's a good time to be a Buffalo.

Daniel Purvis said, "The last time we won a playoff game, I had hair,and they though that was pretty funny."

Holden Senclair said, "It's amazing. We've been wanting to do this for 19 years now, since my coach was senior, and it means a lot to this town and this community and all the players."

Purvis said, "You know that was our goal coming into this year was to get a playoff win, and you know we really wanted a trophy, something to put in the trophy case to show for all the success we've had over the last several years."

Senclair said, "We're a lot closer than the years past. Before, we were a team and that's it, but now we're more a family than we are a team."

Kaiden Petree said, "We're just a bunch of sophomores and juniors, so we're close to the same age and we hang out a lot."

Purvis said, "It's a different atmosphere in that locker room than anything I've ever had, and I think it's because they're so young. They don't care. They're not scared of anybody. They think they can play with anybody, and they think they can win any game. They' don't think anybody can beat them, and that's a good attitude to have."

The second round of the playoffs is going to be a tough matchup for Cross Plains. They're going to play one of the top ranked teams in 2A... Munday.

More...
Working...