Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS Feeds
    • Dec 2015

Eagles Follow Smith's Lead

The Abilene High Eagles and the Cooper Cougars play for the Area Championship tomorrow night. We focus on the Eagles first.

Running back Abram Smith became the all-time leader in touchdowns in the Eagles victory over Arlington High when he returned the Colts kickoff back 95 yards for his 73rd touchdown in his career at Abilene High.

Everybody knows what he's done when he's carrying the ball, but what about his leadership on this team. This is clearly his team. The players listen to and watch Smith work, and they follow suit.

Abram Smith said, "It's a wonderful feeling, having the younger guys look up to me, follow me, and knowing that I got their trust and they've got my back and I got theirs."

Raekwon Millsap said, "He leads by example, not only by his words. Whenever he says something he's doing it himself so that helps out. It makes us want to do it too. He's a good leader."

Bryce McGough said, "I feel like we look up to each other. If we make one good play, someone else wants to make a bigger play. So I feel like we feed off of each other."

Abram and the Eagles hit the field early tomorrow night. They take on El Paso Americas at 6 at Shotwell Stadium.

More...
Working...