Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS Feeds
    • Dec 2015

Eagles Shut Out EP Americas to win Area

The Abilene High Eagles are Area Champs thanks to a dominating 55-0 shutout over El Paso Americas Friday night.

The Eagles scored on their first possession and rolled after that.

One huge play of the night came courtesy of Abram Smith. Smith had a 99 yard touchdown run, and that was the longest touchdown run from scrimmage in Abilene High history.

Another big performer was Qua'shawn Washington who had two touchdown receptions in the first half.

The Eagles started fast, and Smith said that starting fast is something they are proud of and disciplined in.

"I mean I'm very pleased with the fast start. Like I said, we just kept our foot on their throats, and we just keep going on, and we just got to start fast and finish fast," Smith said. "We're well disciplined when we get up. We just stay up, you know we keep our foot on their throats and we just keep rolling on."

AHS's defense had a good game, not only because they shut out Americas, but they had several sacks and key plays.

"The defense did great. Like I said, they came they brought the wood, you know," Smith said. "They played big keys because they had a lot of stops out there. I was very pleased with how they accomplished out there. Them boys, they just brought the wood pretty much."

Abilene High will take on Desoto in the third round next week up in Wichita Falls.

More...
Working...