Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS Feeds
    • Dec 2015

Violence Comes With Bluecats "D"

The Coleman Bluecats are off to a 5 and 1 start this season. The Cat's defense has been really good this year, so Brianne went to Coleman to find the secret.

Let's just say, finesse is not their forte...

Brianne said, "Last time I was out in Coleman we were talking about the offense and quarterback Bryson Hammonds, well today we're going to talk about the other side of the ball. This Bluecat defense has not allowed very many points this season, and also they like to play violent football."

Cayden Steffey said, "We actually take pride in that, playing violent."

Defensive Coordinator Weldon Thompson said, "The thing is to play violent football. I mean you can play physical, and we tell them, physical football will win games, playing violent football will win championships, and that's what we're all about."

But what does violent football mean?

Steffey said, "Well we just hope that whoever we play, they need to know that we're going to hit them in the mouth hard every time. Not going to take one play off."

Walt Arnold said, "We're just playing violent football. Come off the ball. HIt people in the mouth. Let them know we're there, and we're not there to get ran over. Make plays and just show them that's what we do."

The Bluecats aren't just physical. They're a step up from playing hard. That's the Coleman defense, and they've lived up to that so far, but we're only at the half way point, and they've still got a ways to go.

Thompson said, "We're still a long long way from where we need to be, but we're making those strides to get there. We had a rough first distrtict game. Bangs put up 6 on us, but I still felt good about it, and I feel like we're getting where we need to get, and just tell these kids to never be satisfied."

That defense will be tested against the top ranked Cisco Loboes on Friday. That game is in Coleman at 7:30.

More...
Working...