Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS Feeds
    • Dec 2015

Cougars Pleased with District Start

Cooper head coach Todd Moebes is pleased with the way his team started district, and the way they continue to run the ball.

David Robinett said, "Coach Moebes a great way to start district. A big victory over a previously unbeaten Lubbock Monterey team. How pleased are you with the way your guys played Friday night?"

CHS head coach Todd Moebes said, "I was very pleased. I thought we went out and played a physical brand of football and did a really great job of establishing our running game offensively. We ran for over 200 yards and had 40 carries. It's a good formula for us. Defensively, we did a good job of getting off the field on third down. They were 2-12 on third down which is huge for us."

Robinett said, "You guys just kept pounding away. It didn't always work, but you never gave up on it. I know that it's a staple of this offense, but it seems like it would be hard to keep doing it. How do you keep it happening?

Coach Moebes said, "We've got to be able to run the football. We've got two very capable backs. Our offensive line has certainly gotten better since game one. It's certainly something we've got to rely on."

Robinett said, "Now you've got Lubbock Cooper. You two have either shared or been the district champion the last two years. They are plenty good, again. Talk about when you guys get together what's it like?"

Coach Moebes said, "Oh, it's great match up. They've got great players and a great coaching staff. I think it brings the best out of our coaching staff to try to defend them or find a way we are going to move the ball on the defense. It brings the best out of everybody. It's highly competitive atmosphere and certainly a championships type game."

More...
Working...