Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS Feeds
    • Dec 2015

Bulldogs Finish Strong Against Brownwood

The Wylie Bulldogs got the District 3-4A Division I season off to a great start with a 35-13 victory over the state-ranked Brownwood Lions on Friday night.

The Bulldogs led 14-6 at the half, but pulled away with a great second half. Head coach Hugh Sandifer's team outscored the Lions 21-7 in the final three quarters, and they are happy with the way they closed things out.

"Well I mean I thought our kids played with a lot of intensity the first half, but I thought our execution was a little off, and just kind of frustrating for the kids because they had such a great week of preparation, so the second half I think the kids just came out and played and just performed," Sandifer said. "You know the defense did a great job holding them, and we only, I think we only had three series' in the second half, we scored on all of them. We were really proud of the way we played in the second half. I thought we kind of dictated the flow of the game, and we were real proud of our effort."

Wylie continues district play on Friday night at Bulldog Stadium. They take on the winless Big Spring Steers at 7:35.

More...
Working...