Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS Feeds
    • Dec 2015

CHS Conversation: Rested and Ready for District

Cooper head coach Todd Moebes and David Robinett talk about the open week and starting district on Friday.

David Robinett said, "Coach Moebes, you are coming off your open week. It was a week without a game, but not a week without work. Did y'all get in the work that you wanted to."

Coach Moebes said, "I think we did. We got an opportunity to rest physically and mentally, but I thought it was a good week of work. We shortened practice just a little bit to continue to try to be fresh for a long stretch here to finish the season, but when we did work, it was fast and physical."

Robinett said, "Did the kids respond like you had hoped? Do you feel like that they got as much out of the week as you had wanted?"

Moebes answered, "I think so. We spent a lot of time focusing on us. Trying to think outside the box to prepare for things that you wouldn't normally prepare for. You watch college football and a lot of those situations have already happened this year. We've got to be able to prepare them for those, so that if we do step on the field in that situation, our kids have confidence that they can go out there and win a football game, so it was a lot of that type of thinking. Also, being able to work on our fundamentals and everything else that we normally do."

Robinett said, "The district season starts and you start with an undefeated team. A real challenge right out of the box."

Moebes said, "There's no doubt. Lubbock Monterey is a great football team. I went and saw them play Stephenville last Friday. They've dominated all five opponents that they've played. We've got our work cut out for us, and we've got to play our best game of the year."

More...
Working...