Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS Feeds
    • Dec 2015

Warren's Wisdom: Horns Reeling, Aggies Thriving

David Robinett and Steve Warren talk about the University of Texas and Texas A&M on Warren's Wisdom.

David Robinett said, "It's time for Warren's Wisdom. Usually at this time, we are talking about high school football or the pros. Let's talk college football, especially, the University of Texas. Their defense has been terrible. Charlie Strong is demoting the defensive coordinator, and he's going to take over. What does that do for a team?"

Steve Warren said, "It's a little big scary. There hasn't been a whole lot of continuity in his staff since he arrived. I saw a stat the other day that would alarm me as a head coach, that he's got two guys from his original staff from a few years ago, so there in constant flux. Hopefully, it works for them. I know they've been giving up a lot of points, and they haven't looked very good on defense. They've looked a whole lot better on offense, so if they can match that then maybe they can salvage their season, a little bit down the stretch here."

Robinett said, "Speaking of defense, Texas A&M looking really good, so far this year. They've been limiting offenses, and it's the first time since Sumlin got there that defense has been good, and man are they good this year."

Warren said, "They do look good on defense. Where I work daily, I have a couple of Aggie football players as bosses, and those guys are proud of their defense, and they should be. I think as a whole, A&M is a lot better. They are flying under a little bit at 5-0 with a huge game with Tennessee. You've got to be proud of their defense. Good grief, they are really playing lights out on defense, and they are winning some games without their best players. Last week against South Carolina, Myles Garrett wasn't even on the field. He's one of the best in the country. So, you get everybody healthy on that defense, you better look out because they're going to be hard to beat."

More...
Working...