Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS Feeds
    • Dec 2015

Cougars Happy with Improvement and Ready for Rest

David Robinett talked with Cooper head coach Todd Moebes about the team's progress and their off week.

David Robinett said, "Coach Moebes, I know winning is the goal when you go out onto the football field, but also seeing progress in your football team during non-district is important, and it seems like the progress from your football team is obvious. Is it obvious to you?"

Todd Moebes said, "Yeah I agree. We're not in it for moral victories. We're in it to win, and fell a little short last Friday. I told our guys from where we were in our first four games, we have to be able to put a complete football game together. We played very well in the second half against Frenship which certainly made the difference, but we haven't put four quarters together of just good solid football. To be able to see our defense have three turnovers, and offensively did a good job moving the football against a very good defense and be competitive for four quarters was really good to see."

Robinett said, "Open week is this week. You want to make sure that your team gets healthy, I assume, and you also want to see that your team gets better. How do you go about that?"

Moebes said, "It's a fine balance. I mean we have to go out and practice hard and practice physical. We don't know any other way, but at the same time you can back off some time. Take away some segments. We didn't practice yesterday because we played five very physical football games, and we need the body and the mind to recover a little bit, so I think we've been able to balance that within our practice schedules for three days. Hopefully having them have a weekend off will also be added rest that they'll need for the long haul."

More...
Working...