Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS Feeds
    • Dec 2015

Good Start to District for AHS

David Robinett talked with Abilene High head coach Del Van Cox about starting district with a win.

David Robinett said, "Well coach Cox a great way to get district started. A nice win, you guys jumped on them quick. That's what you guys talked about prior to the game that you wanted to do, and you got that done."

Del Van Cox (:19-:23) said, "Yeah our kids did a good job. It was a tough week last week. The weather kind of showed up on us on Friday night. We kind of had some cramping issues, but our kids handled it well and did a good job of getting win number one."

Robinett said, "How important is it to get off to a quick start in district play and get that first win? Does it kind of take a load off?"

Cox said, "Yeah I mean the most important games are the first games, the first district game and the first playoff game because I mean you have to get on that high note, and it was definitely an advantage for us to get out of the gate good and get that first win."

Robinett said, "Now this is the game that if you looked at Texas Football Magazine and other magazines, this game against Fossil Ridge is the game it looks like in district play. Tell me how big a challenge this is for you guys."

Cox said, "Well it's one of the games. It comes out to there's a couple of good teams there in Keller, but definitely they've got a good program. Coach Backarini??? does a great job. They've got some great football players. You'll see them on Friday night. They've got a kid that looks like Johnny Manziel out there, makes things happen, a great football player, and I think he's even a great kid, so they're definitely going to be, we're going to have our hands full, and we're going to have to be ready to play Friday night."

More...
Working...